Tuesday 31 March 2009

We are moving

News has come through that we are to change Hotels in Doha, Qatar.
This comes as a great disappointment to me personally, as the gardens at the Sheraton, Doha have given me many hours of pleasure over the years. The gardens have lawns and acacia trees, bushes and a small lagoon. All packed neatly against a quiet shore. There are many residents there such as the bulbuls, doves and mynas and it also acts as a very attractive stopping point for many birds who are just passing through.
So here is a gallery of birds from a number of trips over the several years we have been staying there.

White-cheeked Bulbul

White-cheeked Bulbul

Lesser Sand Plover
Actually, while I was watching it, I was convinced that this was a Lesser Sand, but I am having a crisis of confidence. Now that I look at it again, could it be a Greater? Comments and thoughts welcome.

Hoopoe

Eurasian Wryneck

Whimbrel

Isabelline Shrike

Red-vented Bulbul
Quite possibly, this chap comes from escapee stock.

Rose-ringed Parakeet
The parakeets are also popular in aviaries and possibly the wild population came from this source.

No comments:

Post a Comment